1. Acquisition, use, and provision of personal information
When acquiring, using, and providing personal information, we recognize the importance of protecting personal information and handle all such information in an appropriate manner.
2. Implementation of security measures
We maintain an optimum system for stringently controlling personal information, and by building logical security control measures, we have developed thorough preventative and corrective policies against the unauthorized access to personal information, as well as the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
3. Implementation of continuous improvement
We have established a management system for the protection of personal information, and while implementing and maintaining the system, we conduct regular reviews of the system as part of our efforts for continuous improvement.
4. Compliance with laws and regulations
When handling personal information, we comply with all laws and other regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as all guidelines issued by the government.
Nobuyuki Goto, President and CEO
Mitsui & Co., Principal Investments Ltd.
2. Handling of personal information
1. Purpose of use of personal information
We will use the personal information that you provide to the Company, either in whole or in part, for the following purposes:
- To examine the potential for investment/recoupment in private equity investment operations conducted by the Company or funds operated by the Company
- To introduce you to exhibitions, seminars, and other events
- To report the results of surveys and events in which you have cooperated or taken part
- To provide services by direct mail, email, facsimile, and other forms of communication
- To make decisions and send notifications concerning job applications
- Other purposes related to or ancillary to the above
2. Provision of personal information
We will not disclose or supply the personal information that you provide to the Company to a third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
3. Entrustment of personal information
To achieve the purposes of use specified above, we may entrust your personal information to a contractor of the Company.
When entrusting your personal information to a contractor, we will select an appropriate contractor, and will take appropriate measures to supervise the contractor to ensure that your personal information is managed securely, including placing clearly defined contractual obligations and responsibilities on the contractor.
4. Disclosure, amendment, and cessation of use of registered information
If you request the disclosure, amendment, addition, cessation of use, or deletion of your personal information, or cessation of disclosure or provision of your personal information to a third party, we will comply promptly with your request after confirming your identity, unless there is a specific reason not to do so.
3. Shared Usage of Personal Information
We may share the personal information of our customers and business partners as follows.
1. Personal Information
Company name, department, position, address, name, zip code, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
2. Scope of joint users
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Parent company)
3. Purpose of Use
Shared use shall be made within the scope of the purpose of use stated in 2.1 above.
4. Name, address, representative, of the company responsible for the management of personal data
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mitsui & Co., Principal Investments Ltd.
9-2, Otemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004, Japan
4. Personal Information Inquiry Desk
1. Mitsui &Co., Principal investments Ltd. Personal Information Inquiry Desk
Please direct inquiries by mail to the following address:
Administration Division, Mitsui & Co., Principal Investments Ltd.
9-2, Otemachi 1-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004
(1) If you wish to request the disclosure, amendment, or deletion of your personal information, please notify us by mail first providing the following information.
Information to be stated on postcards or letters
- Your name and the mailing address to which the “Request for Disclosure” form is to be sent
- A brief statement that you would like to receive a “Request for Disclosure, Etc.” form
Address to which postcards or letters should be sent
- Please mail to the information inquiry desk indicated above.
Note: Please contact us by postcard or letter to ensure that the “Request for Disclosure, Etc.” form is delivered correctly. Thank you for your understanding.
(2) Upon receipt of your request, we will send you the “Request for Disclosure, Etc.” form and an explanatory leaflet.
(3) Please fill in the required items on the “Request for Disclosure, Etc.” form that we send you, enclose it in an envelope together with the “proof of identity documents” as instructed in the explanatory leaflet, and send them by mail to our Information Inquiry Desk.
(4) After confirming the content of your request, we will respond to you by mail.
Notes: We may charge a fee for handling your request depending on the action requested. If a request for disclosure is being made by a representative of the person concerned, a power of attorney from the person concerned should be attached and enclosed as instructed in the explanatory leaflet.